By accessing FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA information systems, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following disclaimer on processing of Personal Information. The FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA shall take all reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information of its Data Subjects as detailed below. For this disclaimer, “Personal Information” and “Data Subject(s)” are as defined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act No. 2 of 2000 (PAIA) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
- Processing of Personal Information the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA shall collect (directly and through relevant stakeholders), and process Personal Information to provide Data Subjects with access to its skills development mandate, recruitment, and procurement processes and/or other services. This processing shall be conducted fairly, lawfully, and non-excessively. The type of Personal Information to be collected shall depend on the purpose for which it is collected and processed.
- Further processing limitation A Non-Disclosure Agreement / Confidentiality Agreement, detailing a list of third parties with whom the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA is likely to share Personal Information with as part of delivering on its mandate, e.g., DHET, AGSA, Internal Auditors, National Treasury, etc., shall be included on all contracts and application forms. With the exception of the above, the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA undertakes to not process Personal Information for secondary purposes unless such processing:
- Is compatible with the initial purpose for collection.
- Is required by law or complies with an obligation imposed on the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA by law.
- Is necessary for proper execution of services expected by the Data Subject; and/or
- Protects legitimate interests of the Data Subject.
- Security measures The FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA shall:
- Treat Personal Information in its possession as strictly confidential.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that Personal Information is stored securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, disclosure, access, accidental loss, destruction or damage or alteration.
- Provide reasonable evidence of compliance with its obligations in accordance with the POPIA, only upon reasonable request by its Data Subject(s).
- Not retain Personal Information for longer than is required, unless it is required to do so by law, or a consent was granted by the Data Subject(s) for retaining such information for a longer period.
- The rights of Data Subject(s) The Data Subject(s) have a right to:
- Rectify their Personal Information collected by the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA or on its behalf.
- Object to the processing of their Personal Information (subject to legislation), of which the consequences of such objection shall be explained to the Data Subject(s).
- Request the return or destruction of their Personal Information (subject to legislation).
- Access any Personal Information that the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA holds about them; and
- Request the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA to remove them from any of its subscription lists at any time.
- Although the FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA shall take the precautions in protecting Personal Information of its Data Subjects, it shall however, not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising or suffered because of the disclosure of Personal Information if such disclosure is outside its reasonable control.
- Electronic Communication
The content of FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA electronic communication and any attachments contained within is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in the message only. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not u se, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message or from any attachments that have been sent with this communication. If you have received this communication message by mistake, please advise the sender by email, delete your mailbox, and do not forward it or any part of it to anyone else.
Unauthorised disclosure and / or use of information contained in this message from communication may result in civil and criminal liability. The FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly the sender’s own and not made on behalf of FOODBEV MANUFACTURING SETA.