Education, along with product excellence, are the main aims of FoodBev Manufacturing SETA, which means a variety of grants and bursaries are open to students of different levels and qualifications, to bring fresh ideas and minds into the industry and quality goods to the tables of consumers around the country.
We aim to interact with students, creating fruitful and highly beneficial opportunities for the public and people interested in pursuing a career in this lucrative field.
A variety of annual grants and bursaries are available.
Based on certain criteria, candidates may apply for several bursaries such as the Masters and PHD Bursaries and Scholarships, the Food Science & Food Technology Bursaries and Scholarships, as well as miscellaneous updated yearly bursaries.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or naturalised citizen
- You must be studying or registered to study toward a PhD or Masters degree qualification
- Masters students: your research topics must be endorsed by your supervisor and be relevant and responsive to the food and beverages manufacturing value chain
- PhD students: you must have an approved research proposal by the university, with clear timeframes and estimated year of completion (the expected timeframe for completion of PhD is two to five years from the current academic year for reporting purposes by the SETA)
- You must be studying at a recognised public university in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding (this must be confirmed by the university’s bursary office)
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged groups
Easy application process
Application forms can be requested by emailing: email@example.com
The application form must be completed and submitted to your university bursary office, along with the supporting documents listed below. Please note: students must NOT apply to FoodBev Manufacturing SETA directly – universities will apply on students’ behalf.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than three months)
- Proof of registration for the 2022 academic year
- PhD students: approved research proposal (including research costs) with confirmation from the recognised tertiary institution
- Master’s students: approved research proposal (including research costs) with confirmation from the recognised tertiary institution and research topic endorsed by the supervisor
- University’s tax clearance certificate
- A signed declaration of intent, progress reports and results to FoodBev Manufacturing SETA officials (signed by the applicant and supervisor)
Get registered, click the button to start the process.
We wish you the best of luck with your bursary application!